Florida FWC Hunter Safety – Cancelled
October 6 @ 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT
Florida FWC Hunter Safety Course
“Future and current hunters interested in receiving their Hunter Safety Certification are invited to participate in a free, two-part online and skills day Hunter Safety Course. The Skills Day portion of the Hunter Safety Course is intended to be taken after students complete their course. Students attend an in-person class, covering hunter safety, laws and ethics. Participants will then head to the range for the live-fire session, demonstrating safe firearms understanding and handling. Certification can only be achieved through completion of both the online and skills day portions of the Hunter Safety Program.”
The FWC Hunter Safety Course is online and open to the public.
Students can register at the link below:
Hunter Safety Course Outline
Prior to the Student class, please complete one of the following online courses:
NRAHE.org – From the organization that built the first-ever hunter education program in 1949, the NRA Online Hunter Education course is designed to help new hunters of all ages learn how to be safe and responsible members of the hunting community. This state-of-the-art course is the most comprehensive online hunter education instruction in the United States, and it’s 100% FREE!
Beasafehunter.org– Engaging videos, photos and graphics, this course is fully narrated and provides the necessary information for a student to become a safe hunter. This course has 24/7 toll free technical support and you only pay when you pass. (Effective July 1, this course will be $9.95)
HunterEdCourse.com – Interactive animations and photos with narration and closed captioning so you hear, see and read the course, making learning easy and enjoyable. Pay only if you pass. Over 90% of users recommend. ($13.00)
Hunter-Ed.com Florida – Listen, read, or both! Exam questions are read aloud, with pictures to trigger your memory. Learn with hundreds of realistic illustrations, and see exactly how firearms work with detailed animations. ($28.95 – pay up front!)
HUNTERcourse.com Florida – Fully narrated, illustrated and full of engaging animations and videos. EXCLUSIVE – Virtual Field Day to best prepare you for your field day! Offer 7 day/week customer service and tech support. ($29.00)
Course is free.
Private Range fee is $10 (cash only)
NOTE: Private range fee is mandatory in order to use the TAAC Range to complete the shooting skills portion of the FWC Hunter Safety class. Students that do not complete the shooting skills portion of this class will not receive their FWC Hunter Safety certification.
Please arrive 30 minutes before class time to complete the pre-registration paperwork and to provide the Instructor with a copy of your Online Hunter Safety certificate of completion.
- Age: Eight (8) years old or older
- Parental or Legal Guardian written consent is required for individuals under 18
- Parent(s) or Legal Guardian can observe the class free of charge
What to Bring
- A hat for sun shade
- Sun screen
- Collared shirt or tee shirt, no loosely fitting open collar blouses
- Sturdy boots or sneakers; no open toe shoes, flip flops or sandals.
- A lawn chair or camping chair for the range.
- Gatorade or other sports drinks for the range; we will be providing ice water only, at the range.
- If you have your own, eye and ear protection designed for shooting sports, please feel free to bring them;
- Eye and ear protection will be provided to each student (provided by LSC) for use for the range time; these have been used by previous students.
- If you would like to purchase brand new eye and ear protection, we offer this to each student for small fee of $5.00; you will get to keep these for your future use.
What NOT To Bring
- Your own ammunition or firearm into the classroom
- NOTE: we do not allow any live ammunition or firearms in our classroom due to safety restrictions.
- DO NOT bring a friend or multiple friends or a family member(s) who are NOT registered with the Lakota Safe Company Trading Post as students.
- They will not be allowed in the classroom
- And they will not allowed on the shooting range
- RE: students under age 18, and any individuals with disabilities: parents/legal guardian and/or care taker will be allowed in the classroom and shooting range. Parents, legal guardians and/or care taker will be required to sign our legal waiver.
- If you are a valid Florida Concealed Carry permit holder, we ask that you keep your firearm and ammunition in your vehicle; these same rules apply on the shooting range.
- Absolutely no children will be allowed in the classroom or the shooting range, unless they are registered students with us for this class.
- Range fee of $10 USD (cash) for use of the private shooting range is NOT included in your free FWC class;
- This range use fee is paid directly to the landowner where the range operates;
- Your assigned Instructor will take care of the payment to the range/landowner.