NRA Basic Pistol
August 17 @ 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM EDT$125
NRA Basics Of Pistol Shooting
The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is intended for all individuals regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation and is available for delivery in two ways. One option is the traditional, instructor-led course where you will receive direct instruction from an NRA-certified instructor from beginning to end. The other option has two components: a self-study or “eLearning module” which is completed online in your own timeframe and a hands-on practical portion conducted in a classroom and shooting range with an Instructor.
Instructor Led Only Training: The Instructor Led Only takes place in a traditional classroom and range environment. This course may be completed in a single day format or over several days with smaller blocks of instruction. To sign up for the Instructor Led Only click on the “Find A Course” icon. This opens the Course Listing page where you will select the Basics of Pistol Shooting-Instructor Led and scroll to the bottom of the page to enter details that refine the search criteria to generate a list of available courses. After selecting a course you will enter your information in the registration fields. The course Instructor will contact you shortly thereafter.
Blended Training: The Blended training format provides students the flexibility to complete a significant portion of the course in an eLearning environment, prior to arriving for the classroom and range session with an NRA Certified Instructor. You can find the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Blended course in the same manner as above. When you register for the blended course, you’ll create a unique username and password. The instructor will provide you with a Course Control Code and directions to complete the self-study portion of the course prior to class date. More Details: Course topics include: gun safety rules, proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, ammunition knowledge and selection, pistol selection and storage, shooting fundamentals, pistol inspection and maintenance, marksmanship, and shooting range safety. Additionally, students will complete live fire training and a nationally standardized shooting qualification while on the range with an NRA Certified Instructor. Students will receive the NRA Guide: Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination and receive a course completion certificate bearing the signature of the NRA Secretary and your NRA Certified Instructor.
- Age: Eleven (11) years old or older
- Parental or Legal Guardian written consent is required for individuals under 18
- Parent(s) or Legal Guardian can observe the class free of charge
What to Bring
- A hat for sun shade
- Sun screen
- Collared shirt or tee shirt, no loosely fitting open collar blouses
- Sturdy boots or sneakers; no open toe shoes, flip flops or sandals.
- A lawn chair or camping chair for the range.
- Gatorade or other sports drinks for the range; we will be providing ice water only, at the range.
- If you have your own, eye and ear protection designed for shooting sports, please feel free to bring them;
- Eye and ear protection will be provided to each student (provided by LSC) for use for the range time; these have been used for previous students.
- If you would like to purchase brand new eye and ear protection, we offer this to each student for small fee of $5.00; you will get to keep these for your future use.
- Your own rifle (rim fire or small bore preferred) if you own one.
- Your own ammunition for your rifle, at least 250 rounds.
What NOT To Bring
- Your own ammunition or firearm into the classroom
- NOTE: we do not allow any live ammunition or firearms in our classroom due to safety restrictions.
- DO NOT bring a friend or multiple friends or a family member(s) who are NOT registered with the Lakota Safe Company Trading Post as students.
- They will not be allowed in the classroom
- And they will not allowed on the shooting range
- RE: students under age 18, and any individuals with disabilities: parents/legal guardian and/or care taker will be allowed in the classroom and shooting range. Parents, legal guardians and/or care taker will be required to sign our legal waiver.
- If you are a valid Florida Concealed Carry permit holder, we ask that you keep your firearm and ammunition in your vehicle; these same rules apply on the shooting range.
- Absolutely no children will be allowed in the classroom or the shooting range, unless they are registered students with us for this class.
- Range fee of $10 USD for use of the private shooting range is included in your class fee; This fee is paid directly to the landowner where the range operates; your assigned NRA Instructor will take care of payments to the range/landowner.
- If you do not complete the shooting portion of the class, your NRA certificate will be put in a pending status and another date will be scheduled for you to complete your shooting requirements.
- NRA courses are open to regular instructors, non-instructors, and also for Florida FWC Hunter Safety Instructors, BSA, GSA 4-H, FAA, and other Youth Program adult volunteers;
- Discounted price of $95.00 is only available to adult volunteers (ID required) – use discount code “Volunteer2019” when paying online;
- Seats are available for non-adult volunteers, at a cost of $125.00 (normally $150.00)
- Enroll on NRAInstructors.org
- Enroll and prepay at: https://lakotasafecompany.com/events/
- Student materials, refreshments and range fees are included
- Walk-ins will be accommodated