NRA Basic Pistol
September 21 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDTFree
NRA Basics Of Pistol Shooting
The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is intended for all individuals regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation. Instruction takes place in a traditional classroom and on the range live fire.
Course topics include: gun safety rules, proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, ammunition knowledge and selection, pistol selection and storage, shooting fundamentals, pistol inspection and maintenance, marksmanship, and shooting range safety. Additionally, students will complete live fire training and a nationally standardized shooting qualification while on the range with an NRA Certified Instructor. Students will receive the NRA Guide: Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination and receive a course completion certificate bearing the signature of the NRA Secretary and your NRA Certified Instructor.
- Age: Eleven (11) years old or older
- Parental or Legal Guardian written consent is required for individuals under 18
- Parent(s) or Legal Guardian can observe the class free of charge
What to Bring:
- A hat for sun shade
- Sun screen
- Collared shirt or tee shirt, no loosely fitting open collar blouses
- Sturdy boots or sneakers; no open toe shoes, flip flops or sandals.
- A lawn chair or camping chair for the range.
- Gatorade or other sports drinks for the range; we will be providing ice water only, at the range.
- Eye and ear protection will be provided to each student. If you have your own, eye and ear protection designed for shooting sports, please feel free to bring them;
- Firearms and ammunition provided.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their defensive handgun if they have one. You will have to provide your own ammunition (50+) if other than 9mm, .380, 38spl.
- NOTE: we do not allow any live ammunition or firearms in our classroom due to safety restrictions.
- If you are a valid Florida Concealed Carry permit holder, we ask that you keep your firearm and ammunition in your vehicle until you get to the range.
- Absolutely no children will be allowed in the classroom or the shooting range, unless they are registered students with us for this class.
- DO NOT bring a friend or multiple friends or a family member(s) who are NOT registered with the Lakota Safe Company Trading Post as students.
- They will not be allowed in the classroom
- And they will not allowed on the shooting range
- RE: students under age 18, and any individuals with disabilities: parents/legal guardian and/or care taker will be allowed in the classroom and shooting range. Parents, legal guardians and/or care taker will be required to sign our legal waiver.
- If you do not complete the shooting portion of the class, your NRA certificate will be put in a pending status and another date will be scheduled for you to complete your shooting requirements.
- Enroll on NRAInstructors.org
- Enroll and prepay at: https://lakotasafecompany.com/events/
- Student materials, refreshments and range fees are included