NRA Basic Shotgun
November 16 @ 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST$125.00
NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course
This course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for the safe and proper use of a shotgun in shooting a moving target.
This course is at least 10 hours long and includes classroom and range time learning how to shoot shotguns at moving targets. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; shotgun parts and operation; shotgun shell components; shotgun shell malfunctions; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting at straight away and angled targets; cleaning; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Shotgun Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Shotgun Shooting
- Age: Eight (8) years old or older
- Parental or Legal Guardian written consent is required for individuals under 18
- Parent(s) or Legal Guardian can observe the class free of charge
What to Bring
- A hat for sun shade
- Sun screen
- Collared shirt or tee shirt, no loosely fitting open collar blouses
- Sturdy boots or sneakers; no open toe shoes, flip flops or sandals.
- A lawn chair or camping chair for the range.
- Gatorade or other sports drinks for the range; we will be providing ice water only, at the range.
- If you have your own, eye and ear protection designed for shooting sports, please feel free to bring them;
- Eye and ear protection will be provided to each student (provided by LSC) for use for the range time; these have been used for previous students.
- If you would like to purchase brand new eye and ear protection, we offer this to each student for small fee of $5.00; you will get to keep these for your future use.
- Your own shotgun (.410, 20g, 12g) if you own one.
- Your own ammunition for your shotgun, at least 250 rounds.
What NOT To Bring
- Your own ammunition or firearm into the classroom
- NOTE: we do not allow any live ammunition or firearms in our classroom due to safety restrictions.
- DO NOT bring a friend or multiple friends or a family member(s) who are NOT registered with the Lakota Safe Company Trading Post as students.
- They will not be allowed in the classroom
- And they will not allowed on the shooting range
- RE: students under age 18, and any individuals with disabilities: parents/legal guardian and/or care taker will be allowed in the classroom and shooting range. Parents, legal guardians and/or care taker will be required to sign our legal waiver.
- If you are a valid Florida Concealed Carry permit holder, we ask that you keep your firearm and ammunition in your vehicle; these same rules apply on the shooting range.
- Absolutely no children will be allowed in the classroom or the shooting range, unless they are registered students with us for this class.
- Range fee of $10 USD for use of the private shooting range is included in your class fee; This fee is paid directly to the landowner where the range operates; your assigned NRA Instructor will take care of payments to the range/landowner.
- If you do not complete the shooting portion of the class, your NRA Rifle certificate will be put in a pending status and another date will be scheduled for you to complete your shooting requirements.
- Enroll on NRAInstructors.org
- Enroll and prepay at: https://lakotasafecompany.com/events/
- Student materials, refreshments and range fees are included
- Walk-ins will be accommodated